07 April 2019 - Västerstads kyrkruin-Södertos fortress Bosj

Här skriver vi om resor, resetips och allt annat som har med touring att göra

07 April 2019 - Västerstads kyrkruin-Södertos fortress Bosj

Inläggav charlyno » 2019-04-09/11:37

07 April 2019 - Västerstads kyrkruin-Södertos fortress-Bosjöklosters mölla-Backstugan Vinterhyttan-Vätterydsgravfält
All pictures here https://bit.ly/2Vw8z7o

Today, decidedly summer temperatures for these latitudes. It's 3.00pm and the temperature is +17 degrees Celsius! After the first few kilometers I am forced to remove the jacket and open the air vents. We come to the Skylle nature reserve. A deer quickly crosses a field and then disappears into the vegetation. Here the trees have a strange shape, they almost look like works of art. Let's make a brief stop for the inevitable coffee. Once the motorbikes were resumed, we soon reach the old church of Västerstad built between the twelfth and thirteenth centuries. Today only the ruins remain standing, surrounded by the old cemetery but the place has its own particular charm immersed in the silence of the Swedish countryside. I leave my traveling companion to continue the day heading towards a very particular and unusual place. This is the Södertos fortress near Hörby, the home of Karl Göran Persson, a Swedish farmer who during the Cold War was terrified of an invasion from the east by the troops of Joseph Vissarionovich Djugashvilis or Stalin's real name! Frightened by the threat of an imminent nuclear war and wary of the ability of the state to protect the population, he decided to "build and fortify" his home in the event of a possible attack with nuclear weapons. So he thought well of mixing reinforced concrete with all sorts of metal objects and not only that he could find and buy at a good price. Bicycles, pots, bolts, parts of railroad tracks, boxes, bins, baskets in short everything that could, in Karl's mind, withstand a nuclear explosion! Today the result of this work are the remains of the farmer's house that died in 1975, now transformed into a sort of memory museum, in memory of this extravagant man who, in his own small way and in his own way, faced the great Russian power. I set off again towards Höör crossing the road between the Västra ring lakes and the Östra ring to stop for a moment at the ancient Bosjökloster windmill built around 1790. Continuing along the road in the direction of Tjörnarp I come to the Backstugan Vinterhyttan, a ancient stuga in wood and brick of a few square meters built in 1840 by the parish of the area to house a very poor family with two children. For three generations this family lived in this structure and the last occupant was Bengta Andersson, whom everyone called "Hyttebengta". Bengta was born in 1861 and remained unmarried and childless until her death in 1935. Today the cottage lets you know and experience how you lived in Sweden before the period of well-being. A few hundred meters from the stuga, on the other side of the road is the Vätterydsgravfält, an ancient burial site from the Iron Age. The cemetery, which is one of the largest in Scandinavia, consists of about 250 visible rocks and about 100 partially hidden. Some form a sort of ship, other rectangles, other rings. A published drawing of 1822 shows that there were more than 600 stones, many of which were removed over time both to allow the cultivation of the fields and to use them as constructive material. Particularly magical place especially at sunset. It is time to return home. Until next time.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild