08 Mars 2020 -Månstorps Gavar - Kalkugnarna i Smygehamn

Här skriver vi om resor, resetips och allt annat som har med touring att göra

08 Mars 2020 -Månstorps Gavar - Kalkugnarna i Smygehamn

Inläggav charlyno » 2020-03-10/21:39

SWEDEN ON THE ROAD
March 08, 2020 -Månstorps Gavar - Kalkugnarna i Smygehamn

All photos here https://bit.ly/335sAGr

Visit http://www.francescoinviaggio.it

After all the stress accumulated during the week, I really needed a nice motorcycle ride. Although the weather is not very good at 13 o'clock I'm already on the bike. It only takes a few kilometers and the weather unexpectedly changes suddenly. The sun begins to peep through the clouds. I head south across Lake Arrie to then reach the picturesque ruins of the Månstorps Gavar. It is an ancient castle whose origins date back to 1600. Originally the main building was surrounded by a circular wall and a moat. During the Scania War (1675-1679) the castle was destroyed by the Danes in 1678. Later it was never rebuilt and today these imposing ruins remain. The motion continued southwards along some beautiful stretches of unpaved roads. Near a forest I see a deer sitting comfortably in the vegetation. I barely have time to photograph him before he runs away. My presence has definitely disturbed his quiet! I come near Smygehamn to visit a very beautiful and interesting site. These are ancient kilns for the production of lime which was widely used to plaster and whitewash the walls of houses, to improve the earth and as a fertilizer in fish ponds. Lime was burned in the kilns, built like domes, with bricks and flint and with coal houses on the back. Here is the ancient oven built in the mid-nineteenth century by the German Herman Wendt. Lime production has made Smyge more an industrial area than a fishing area. The years before the outbreak of the Second World War in 1939 were the highlight of the lime industry. After the war, lime production decreased and in 1954 it completely ceased. A total of 10 ovens were in use in the area. Eight of these are located today in Östra Torp, just north of Smygehamn. After having carefully visited this enchanting place, a coffee break is a must before returning home. . The bike, my best medicine for everything. Until next time.
Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild